Reports To: Museum Operations Manager
Employment Dates: May 1- November 1, 2019, 36 hours per week
Status: Part Time, Temporary, Non-Exempt
The Museum Operations Assistant will work with the Lake Champlain Maritime Museum team to ensure the safe, efficient, high quality operation of our Basin Harbor campus. This position will share the responsibilities of daily site management, interpretation and engagement with the general public, and assisting with special events and programs. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable or willing to learn Lake Champlain history and will be able to convey their knowledge and enthusiasm to visitors of all ages, walks of life, and learning styles. We will train the right energetic, engaging, safety-conscious, team-oriented individual.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Site Management: Shared Daily Manager on Duty (MOD) responsibilities.
• Help to ensure a safe and visually appealing site for visitors.
• Assist in a variety of capacities in the implementation of special events.
• Assist Education Team with programming for school groups, visitor experiences, Lake Adventure Camps, and group tours.
• Assist Facilities Manager with site enhancement and maintenance support for LCMM exhibits, buildings, grounds, and waterfront.
• High school or equivalent, undergraduate degree
• Outgoing, enthusiastic, good sense of humor, strong work ethic, and ability to work independently.
• Boating and related on-water experience preferred.
• Knowledge of the history and ecology of Lake Champlain, or strong willingness to learn.
• Willingness to learn new skills.
• Experience with public speaking is a plus.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License and your own transportation.
• Availability to work weekends is a must.
This position will include time on the water in small and large vessels. Work outside will occur in all weather conditions.
Must be able to stand and walk on uneven ground and dock surfaces for extended periods of time and lift/haul +50 pounds.
$14 per hour, 36 hours per week
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org