Reports To: Store & Admissions Manager
Employment Dates: May 1- November 1, 2019
Status: Part Time, Temporary, 3 days per week
LCMM seeks a bright, responsible and friendly admissions assistant. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable or willing to learn Lake Champlain history and will be able to convey their knowledge and enthusiasm to visitors of all ages, walks of life, and learning styles. We will train the right energetic, engaging, team-oriented individual. The admissions desk and store are open 7 days a week and we are looking for someone in the store who is available for a 3 day a week schedule (Friday-Sunday) from mid-April to mid-October with possibility of a 4th day assisting in our finance department with bookkeeping tasks. Applicants must be detail oriented, comfortable dealing with the public and accurate with numbers and data. The position is located at 4472 Basin Harbor Rd.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Greet museum visitors
• Process admissions
• Manage retail sales
• Clean and maintain store area
• Reconcile daily cash out
• Assist in yearly inventory
• Other Duties as Assigned
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Point of Sale systems a plus.
• Retail experience preferred
• Comfortable and precise when dealing with numbers
• Attention to detail and accuracy is critical to all of the tasks
• Must be flexible and able to multi-task
• Exude enthusiasm for the museum and be knowledgeable about programs and upcoming events
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift +25 pounds up and down stairs.
$13/hour, 3 days per week
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org