Educator Resources & Community
Welcome to the educator community and resource hub from Lake Champlain Maritime Museum! Our goal with this community is to give educators throughout the Lake Champlain Watershed a place where they can easily find high-quality, free content from non-profit organizations, federal agencies, schools, and other educators. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and bookmark this page to access all resources and past newsletters.
Browse Resources & Past Newsletters
- Read the September 2023 Newsletter
- Watershed Sleuth Challenge: A student-driven mini unit focused on learning about watersheds
- WikiWatershed Runoff Simulation: Using this tool, you can adjust the landcover, soil type, and the amount of rainfall to see how much of the water evaporates, infiltrates, and runs off
- Worksheet for Runoff Simulation
- Read the August 2023 Newsletter
- River Runner: An interactive map that lets users follow the path of a raindrop to the ocean
- EPA How’s My Waterway: Explore water quality by zip code or body of water
- Lesson Plan for How’s My Waterway
Become a Contributor
Are you interested in contributing lesson plans or materials to this newsletter to share with other educators? Lake Champlain Maritime Museum will pay educators $200 to share a lesson plan or piece of material (such as a worksheet, graphic organizer, etc.) with a write up describing how teachers can use it. If you’re interested in contributing, use the link below to fill out a brief interest form.
Want to Connect?
We’d like to create a space for educators in this community to connect – tell us what your preference is! Submit your vote via the poll below.