We love our volunteers! If you’re looking for a way to help the museum, share your passion, and make a difference, considering volunteering at the Museum. There are many openings for volunteers at Lake Champlain Maritime Museum – scroll down for a list of our regular ongoing volunteer opportunities and a link to our volunteer application form.
Museum volunteers truly make a difference and help ensure that each visitor to the museum has a wonderful experience. For our volunteers, it is just as much of a rewarding experience. In addition to supporting the Museum, our exhibits, and programs, volunteering lets you share and learn new skills, make new friends, join a community of like-minded individuals, make an impact, help others, and so much more.
- Historic Interpreter: interpret history and skills onboard the replica gunboat Philadelphia or the replica schooner Lois McClure, in our Blacksmith Shop, and in our exhibits
- Archaeology Interpreter: Learn to conserve artifacts and interpret Lake Champlain history, nautical archaeology, and conservation in the Museum’s Conservation Lab
- Boat Shop Volunteer: Help maintain, restore, and document boats
- Metal Arts Volunteer: Demonstrate blacksmithing in the museum’s various metal arts spaces
- Campus Volunteer: Grounds-keeping, gardening, and maintenance.
- Collections Volunteer: Add a section to our library, our collections, or to the digital catalog
- Research Volunteer: Help research current and upcoming project topics
- Dive Volunteer: Assist our Archaeology team at archeological dive sites
- Museum Volunteer: Provide support in the administrative offices and membership program
- Visitor Services Volunteer: Help with admissions, parking, visitor services, and site preparation for special events
- Specialized Skills: Perform specialized professional skills in fields such as construction, technology, human resources or others