Looking for another way to be a part of the Museum community? Consider becoming a volunteer at the Maritime Museum! Whether you’d like to come on a regular schedule, just once to work on a special project, or bring a school or company group, we’ve got options! Our volunteer opportunities range from interpreting historic and replica objects for the public, gardening on our 3 acre property, administrative projects and so much more. Volunteering is a great way to meet new people, share your valuable skills, and give back to your community.
To get started, fill out our volunteer application below. If you have any trouble accessing the form, please contact email@example.com with questions or concerns.
For more information on our volunteer policies, check our 2023 Volunteer Handbook.
Here are just a few of the volunteer opportunities we have available at the Museum. Please note, some options may vary based on time of year and staff availability. Prior experience is always appreciated but not required! Additional training will be provided as needed.
- Administration: Provide support in the Museum offices with mailings, data entry and office organization.
- Boat Shop: Help maintain, restore, and document boats.
- Collections: Assist with organizing and digitizing Museum records and collections.
- Education: Assist with youth programs and summer camps.
- Gardens: Help keep our 3-acre campus looking its best with weeding, raking and watering throughout the summer season, late April thru early October.
- Grounds: Do you have carpentry, electric or plumbing skills? We’re always looking for extra help onsite to help maintain our 17 buildings onsite.
- Historic Interpreter: engage with the public to interpret Lake Champlain history onboard the replica gunboat Philadelphia, the replica canal schooner Lois McClure, or in our exhibits.
- Metal Arts: Demonstrate skills for visitors or make metal items for use in Museum programs.
- Special Events: Help with admissions, parking, visitor services, and site preparation for special events.