Museum Operations Assistant
Department: Programs and Facilities
Part Time Seasonal Position: 25 hours/week
Dates: May 1 – November 1, 2018
The Museum Operations Assistant will work with the Lake Champlain Maritime Museum team to ensure the safe, efficient, high quality operation of our Basin Harbor campus. This position will share the responsibilities of daily site management, interpretation and engagement with the general public, and assisting with special events and programs. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable or willing to learn Lake Champlain history and will be able to convey their knowledge and enthusiasm to visitors of all ages, walks of life, and learning styles. We will train the right energetic, engaging, safety-conscious, team-oriented individual.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Museum Operations Assistant will be responsible for the following:
• Site Management: Shared Daily Manager on Duty (MOD) responsibilities.
• Help to ensure a safe and visually appealing site for visitors.
• Assist in a variety of capacities in the implementation of special events.
• Assist Education Team with programming for school groups, visitor experiences, Lake Adventure
Camps, and group tours.
• Assist Facilities Manager with site enhancement and maintenance support for LCMM exhibits,
buildings, grounds, and waterfront.
• High school or equivalent, undergraduate degree preferred.
• Outgoing, enthusiastic, good sense of humor, strong work ethic, and ability to work independently.
• Boating and related on-water experience preferred.
• Knowledge of the history and ecology of Lake Champlain, or strong willingness to learn.
• Willingness to learn new skills.
• Experience with public speaking is a plus.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License and your own transportation.
• Availability to work weekends is a must.
Compensation: Based on educational background, skill level and work experience.
How To Apply: Please send a cover letter, résumé to: email@example.com