Position Title: LCMM Educator/Summer Camp Leader
Position Term: 680 hours between May 1-Oct. 31, 2019 (Start/end dates negotiable)
How To Apply: Apply by sending resume, including references to: email@example.com
Notes: This position is an AmeriCorps position. Successful applicants will be referred to appropriate AmeriCorps website for enrollment information.
- Implement LCMM-based history, ecology and archaeology programs in partnership with regional schools.
- Serve as a counselor/educator at our maritime focused summer camps including on-water and under-water programs in nautical archaeology and lake ecology.
- Design and lead new programs based on interest and LCMM’s mission
Required Minimum Qualifications, Skills, and Attributes:
At minimum the individual must meet All AmeriCorps requirements, All Vermont Youth Development Corps requirements and be cleared through a National Service Criminal Background Check.
Preferred Qualifications (Expectations, Experience, Abilities)
- Minimum Age: 18;
- Access to private transportation;
- Clean Driving Record;
- Minimum Level of Education (GED, high school, or some college);
- Certifications: CPR, First Aid, Life Guard). CPR will be provided; Other:
- Competent swimming skill is required.
- Experience working with youth, especially low-income and rural youth.
- Experience in afterschool programs; summer programs; classroom teaching; mentoring, youth development
- Experience in communication: Traditional and social media; Community outreach; Public speaking.
- Familiarity with Lake Champlain or other freshwater systems
Other preferred qualifications:
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on regular basis;
- Knowledge of boats and navigation;
- Ability to serve in evening or on weekends;
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal);
- Set healthy boundaries;
- Think critically and problem solve.