Direct and Manage all development efforts in direct support of the Museum.
Salary Range: $45,000 to $60,000
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Annual Fundraising: Identify and cultivate new major donors. Continue and improve the process to steward existing donors. Connect Executive Directore (ED) with potential key donors and arrange/accompany on calls. Help create the Annual Report. Compile and report pertinent donor and gift data from CRM database. Prepare regular reports such as development report, LYBUNTS, SYBUNTS, retention, comparison, etc. to ED as requested.
- Grants: Coordinate the grants process including researching local, state, and national funding opportunities. Work with Program Managers and other staff to ensure an effective and efficient grant writing process, and communicate with funding agencies.
- Development Budget: Develop the annual Development budget, periodically review progress, and adjust as necessary in consultation with ED and CFO.
- Online Giving: Collaborate with the Director of Marketing to improve and expand online giving. Review current program and suggest improvements.
- Marketing: Collaborate with Director of Marketing and Business Development to develop press releases, brochures, e-news, social media and other development and marketing activities.
- Planned Giving: Create and implement a robust Planned Giving Program.
- Capital Campaign: When approved by the Board of Directors collaborate with the consultant and ED to develop, implement and evaluate the capital campaign.
- Endowments: When approved by the Board of Directors participate in the feasibility study, strategy development and implementation.
- Development Committee: Collaborate with ED to prepare quarterly reports and presentations to the board and committee.
- Results Based Accountability: Apply RBA principles in the evaluation of the use of donor and grant funds.
- Federal Form 990: Participate in the annual updating of this publicly available form.
- Events: Participate in creating, managing and staffing as needed.
Job Requirements & Skills:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: Five or more years of non-profit development experience.
- Skills: Exceptional written and oral communication skills; knowledge of fundraising data reporting and analysis that leads to strategic approaches to meeting goals. Proficient in Excel and CRM software. High comfort level in engaging potential supporters.
- Strong work ethic; organized, conscientious, flexible, responsible and very much a team player.
- Represent the Museum in best light
Health Benefits. Earned Time Benefit for vacation and sick time which is accrued dependent on hours worked. Short and long term disability insurance.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Ed McGuire email@example.com.