Welcome to Boating Certification & Skills with Lake Champlain Maritime Museum. This page will be updated every day with useful resources, notes, pictures, and more. If you have any questions or want to send pictures in to share here, send them to Matt at MattH@lcmm.org.
Camp Kit & Prep
You should have received your Boating Certification & Skills kit in the mail. Here is a checklist of everything in there:
- Lake Champlain chart sections
- Keychain float
- Piece of line for knot tying
- Float-plan example document
- Boating safety packet materials
Each day, we’ll update this section with links, references, and more information for anyone who wants to keep exploring or to work on assignments.
Depth Charts of Vermont Lakes and Ponds: https://dec.vermont.gov/watershed/lakes-ponds/data-maps/charts
Other Useful Links & Resources:
- Stop Aquatic Hitchhikers! Clean, Drain and Dry explains procedures for all watercraft and other users
- Boat Wash Brochure & participating car wash locations
- 2018 State of the Lake report background information about Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) in the Lake Champlain watershed
- VT DEC Gallery of Invaders if you want to learn more about specific species.
- List of Marine VHF Frequencies and a ton of more information: https://www.navcen.uscg.gov/?pageName=mtvhf
Credit & Thanks
Many thanks to our experts who helped us put these camps together:
- Jeff Hindes
Virtual Lake Adventure Camps were made possible thanks to generous supporters including:
- Reinhart Foodservice: Underwater Adventure Camp Sponsor
- Cabot Creamery Co-operative
- IPJ Real Estate