Welcome to 18th Century Adventure Camp with Lake Champlain Maritime Museum. This page will be updated every day with useful resources, notes and pictures from camp, and more. If you have any questions or want to send pictures in to share here, send them to Matt at MattH@lcmm.org.
Camp Kit & Prep
You should have received your 18th Century Adventure kit in the mail. Here is a checklist of everything in there:
One canvas haversack blank
One haversack strap canvas blank
Two sewing needles in a cork; please leave them in the cork!
Sewing thread on a dowel winder
3-4″ wooden dowel to form musket cartridges
One .50 inch STEEL ball bearing (simulated musket ball, no lead!)
One plastic bag of SIMULATED gunpowder (sand blasting sand)
Two musket cartridge paper blanks
Tin storage container for your sewing kit
One piece of beeswax
Reproduction paper money
Each day, we’ll update this section with links, references, and more information for anyone who wants to keep exploring what we talked about in camp. We’ll also include any pictures you send us from home of your work!
- Sketch of Haversack Folding and Sewing:
- Learn More About Betsy Hagar, 18th Century Blacksmith: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betsy_Hager
- Crown Point State Historic Site: https://parks.ny.gov/historic-sites/34/details.aspx
Credit & Thanks
- Reinhart Foodservice: Underwater Adventure Camp Sponsor
- Cabot Creamery Co-operative
- IPJ Real Estate