There are many openings for volunteers at Lake Champlain Maritime Museum. Our programs take an army of volunteers. Last year they shared more than 7500 hours of their time, skills, and enthusiasm. Volunteering is a great experience and most of our volunteers return year after year!
Read Why Volunteer to learn more about this unique opportunity to share your skills and passion with others. Here's a partial list of our current opportunities:
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
We always have a need for volunteers. We have a broad range of opportunities, only a fraction of which are listed here.
- Interpret history and skills on board the replica gunboatPhiladelphia, the replica schooner Lois McClure, in our Blacksmith Shop, and in our exhibits.
- Learn to conserve artifacts from archaeological projects in the Conservation Lab and interpret Lake Champlain history, nautical archaeology, and the process of conserving artifacts.
- Help maintain, restore, and document boats for our programs or for fundraising.
- Demonstrate Blacksmithing.
- Grounds-keeping, gardening, and maintenance.
- Add a section of our library, or our collections, to the digital catalog.
- Research Lake history.
- Assist our Marine Research Institute at archeological dive sites.
- Provide support in the administrative offices and membership program.
- Help with admissions, parking, visitor services, and site preparation for special events.
- · Perform specialized professional skills in fields such as construction, technology, public relations, human resources, and social media. Download the PDF "LCMM Volunteer Opportunities” with more detail.