Group & Bus Tours
We offer a wide variety of group tour options, with plenty of parking for bus tours. Our programming is flexible: call to augment any of these programs to best suit your group.
Group Discounts Come as a group of 10 or more and visit the site at your own pace. Stroll the beautiful grounds on the shores of Lake Champlain, step aboard our full-scale replica Revolutionary War gunboat Philadelphia II, see the latest artifacts in the Conservation Lab, check out the shipwrecks of the lake in our Nautical Archaeology Center, visit out our blacksmith shops. All for $8 per person.
Want to experience something truly special? Sign up for one of our special guided programs (special pricing applies for these flexible programs - call (802) 475-2022):
- Shipwreck Tour: see a shipwreck, without getting wet! Take a tour boat out to a shipwreck and view it live with a Remotely Operated Vehicle. Visit one shipwreck site for an hour-long experience, or book the boat for the entire afternoon, have lunch on board, and see multiple sites. Up to 42 persons per excursion.
- Team Building & Rowing: Get your group up and moving! Row as a team in rugged, seaworthy 32-foot wooden Pilot Gigs (made at the museum). Go for a gentle row, or gear up for a race - whatever your pace. Each Pilot Gig can accommodate 6-7 people. 1 - 3 hours.
- Maritime Machines: Explore the hundreds of machines that are used in the design, construction and operation of boats. Use a lever to aim a cannon, pulleys to lift cargo, and a windlass to haul heavy loads. 1.5 - 3 hours
- On-Water Ecology: Row in a pilot gig, or paddle in a sturdy canoe to explore the ecological and cultural treasures of Lake Champlain and its tributaries. Study rivers, marshes, and the waters of Lake Champlain. Watch for herons and osprey, net and identify fish, and learn to measure water clarity. 3 - 5 hours. Ages 10 and up.
- 1776: Revolutionary War in the Champlain Valley: Begin with one of our experts as we present the context for the Revolution in the Champlain Valley. Then visit our 18th century blacksmith, get your hands on wood-working tools, and do a dockside sail-training exercise on board our replica Revolutionary War gunboat Philadephia II. 1.5 - 3 hours.
- Digging, Diving, and Documenting: The Process of Nautical Archaeology: Our nautical archaeologists will guide you through the fascinating process of archaeology in the cold, dark waters of Lake Champlain. Take an inside tour of our world-class Conservation Lab, a close look at diving equipment through history, a simulated shipwreck "documentation" and a visit to one of our replica vessels, based upon a Lake Champlain shipwreck. 1.5 - 3 hours. Pairs extremely well with a Shipwreck Tour.
Would you like a little something extra? Our expert educators can give your group (up to 100 persons) a 30-minute introduction to the extraordinary history and shipwrecks of the region. With the broader context in hand, you then explore our site at your own pace.
Our Facility: Our facility houses two meeting spaces and a new 100-seat auditorium perfect for presentations. We also have a picnic area and cool drinks in the museum store. If you’re ready for lunch, pack a picnic, or head across the street to the Red Mill Restaurant at the Basin Harbor Club.
Registration is required for any special program, or to receive your group discount. Call to book your group now! (802) 475-2022.